May 11, 2014

How to: get motivated to study

Lately I had real issues with making myself to study. I have a bunch of tests all the time but I just sit procrastinating and doing nothing. But that's not what I should be doing, I really need to pull myself together and start working a little harder. I did a little research about how to get myself motivated and concentrated to work and I thought it might be useful for you too.
So here it goes:
1. Find a place where you won't be distracted and where it is nice, clean and quiet . This can be your room, the library, a cafe - anywhere where's no excess noise and interruptions is good. Avoid places where you're likely to run into your friends. 

2. Make sure you have all of your study supplies. All the paper, highlighters, books, post-its, pencils or anything you might need - find it and take it to your study space before you get started. This way you won't get distracted or interrupt your studying.

3. When you study focus only on studying. Don't start multitasking - watching the TV with one eye, checking your facebook with the other, listening to your friend on the phone and studying at the same time is the worst combination ever. Just concentrate on doing one thing at a time.

4. Wear comfy clothes. Pants that need to be pulled up every other minute, a shirt that doesn't let you breathe are the best distractions. Wear something loose, familiar and soft if you don't want to loose your concentration. Tip: if you have long hair - tie it back

5. Loose the technology. Put your cellphone on silent, if possible - turn off your computer.. My cellphone is my worst distraction - I always check it every other minute and then just start playing some games or going to instagram. I usually need my computer to study, but if you don't - then turn it off. If you really need the computer but not the internet - turn off internet access, it might still keep you out of facebook.

6. Exercise before you study. It should help to make your mind more alert, and give you the endurance you need to study for several hours.

7. Reward yourself when you complete a goal. Think of a small way to reward yourself when you've met your goal. If you're in the middle of a study session, you can take a quick walk, eat a granola bar, or listen to a favorite song (don't forget to set a limit to your break - you still need to get back to studying). If you've finished your study session, then feel free to have some fun by playing games, talking to friends, or watching a video. 
Really hope this helps!
xoxo



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advice! "When you study focus only on studying" is really important. I like this statement, because when you work on something you have to think about your work, when you study something, you have think about studying topic etc. Keeping motivation is what we all need to develop everyday, all the time. have a peek at this weblink to find more pieces of advice and interesting information about motivation role!

    ReplyDelete